Fallen King - Drawing

I randomly sat down the other day to draw a picture. I decided to draw a chess piece. I've no idea why. I have always been intrigued by the quote from The Count of Monte Cristo where Edmond says, "King's to you, Fernand" so I guess this is another reason why I ended up drawing it.

The perspective didn't turn out quite right, but I left it. Also, the cross's shadow isn't correct either, but I wasn't game enough to change it.

I ended up finding a Bible verse that suited, so I was very pleased about that! Credit to the shadow and the drawing medium goes to Jacob for his help and the loan of his graphite pencils. :D


Can also be viewed here.

Share this:

8 comments:

  1. Excellent picture. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your drawings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my favorite bit about this is the title. It almost deserves a piece of music...

    The picture and the verce are quite good as well. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, this is awesome, Bushy! :D I love it! Thanks for sharing with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Jonathan: Thankyou! I'm sure you'll see more... eventually. ;)

    @Gabriel: Thankyou, Gabriel! :D If it ever inspires a score from you, I'd love to hear it. :)

    @Grace: Thanks lovely! I'm glad you like it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's been a long time since I've seen an original natural media drawing from you, Aussie. This is amazing! I especially love the title (and the font) and how you incorporated the verse into the piece.

    I'm sure a piece with this title from Gabriel would be awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Philly comment!! *beams*

    Thankyou, my Philly! I'm so happy you like it. It was very fun to draw. :D

    Any piece from Gabriel is awesome. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like that! It looks really neat! I love the title too and I think the shadow of the cross being different, just fits somehow. :)

    To the KING be all the glory!
    Rebekah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thankyou, Rebekah! I'm very glad you like it! :D

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to share your thoughts. I would love to hear your perspective. Let's learn from each other.