Intrinsically Simple - Drabble

This is a drabble I wrote for Vilisse's "Write a Story from a Single Song" challenge on HolyWorlds. The song that goes with it is Ordinary Miracle by Sarah McLachlan.

~*~*~*~
Intrinsically Simple
By BushMaid
~*~*~*~

The thread waved and danced, floating weightlessly on the slight breeze. She moved it, delicately, fixing it in just the right place. More threads filled the air as she weaved a pattern that only she knew. Glistening in the moonlight, the white threads wound themselves into an intricate design; one never seen before and would never be seen again. Like a queen among her subjects, she moved throughout the white strands, dictating where they should go, and to what they should form. It was a dance as old as time, a miracle so intrinsically simple...

The spider wove her web. 

Share this:

6 comments:

  1. I think this is your best drabble so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? Thankyou! They say practise makes perfect. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was lovely! Jonathan was right- the best you've done so far. :) And I love that song... *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankyou my dear Becky! :D I know, isn't that song gorgeous?! I wish I could sing it as well as she can!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually sighed with happiness after reading this :)

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thankyou, Jennifer! I love to hear what reactions my writing gives its readers. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to share your thoughts. I would love to hear your perspective. Let's learn from each other.