Answer - Poem


~*~*~*~
Answer
By BushMaid
~*~*~*~

She lies awake upon her bed,
A million thoughts race through her head.
Her thoughts enough to fill the sky - 
A billion questions asking "Why?"
Deep down inside, her swirling mind;
Reaching, grasping: trying to find
The answers that she knows are there,
And praying God will show her where.

She turns and tosses in her stead,
Hoping to hear the answers said.
Her silent tears, she starts to cry:
Her breathless prayers voiced with a sigh.
This quest for truth becomes a grind,
She's needing, yearning: peace of mind.
Her ignorance she cannot bear;
And pours her heart out into prayer.

God rests His hand upon her head
And trades her fears for peace instead.
"I'm not a man that I should lie,
My precious daughter, dry your eye.
My truth to you I have assigned:
Seeking, searching: you're sure to find.
For in My Word - I'll show you where -
I AM the Truth, you'll find Me there."
~

Share this:

4 comments:

  1. I love this poem, BushMaid. It is very well written and filled with beautifully displayed emotion. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ~ZA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou, Mirza! I'm so glad that you like it. Thankyou for commenting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to see this poem completed. :) It turned out very well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to all your help, Jonathan. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to share your thoughts. I would love to hear your perspective. Let's learn from each other.