Rambletional: 28/7/12

I have decided to take a stab at writing daily devotionals for my blog, both for the purpose of my own studies, and that my awesome readers may just get something out of my ramblings on Scripture. This is a new idea, and I would be very interested to hear feedback on what you think about them and if you think it will work. (i.e., be found useful and informative to the general public)

Since I feel far to inadequate to officially name them "devotionals" I have adapted my own name for them, since they are based off my own ramblings. I hope the writers among you will forgive me. ;)

Please share your thoughts in the comments! Hate it? Love it? Average? Meh? Suggestions? I'll be eagerly awaiting your feedback.

---

Therefore the Lord said: “Inasmuch as these people draw near with their mouths And honor Me with their lips, But have removed their hearts far from Me, And their fear toward Me is taught by the commandment of men, Therefore, behold, I will again do a marvelous work Among this people, A marvelous work and a wonder; For the wisdom of their wise men shall perish, And the understanding of their prudent men shall be hidden.” (Isaiah 29:13, 14 NKJV)

There are times where life drags you from the day to day and throws you into upheaval, in everything from your daily routines to your daily devotions. Someone may call needing a hand, dragging you away from your ordinary day to soak up all of your time; arriving home late to collapse in bed at night with nothing more than a briefly murmured prayer. It may be a holiday season with a houseful of aunts, uncles and cousins, where you haven't even seconds to spare for some quiet time. Either way, we all have those periods where the world kidnaps us for a ride on its rollercoaster circuit of confusion and it is during these times of spiritual depravity that our heart before God fills in.

The above verse tells about a people who say all the right things according to the Lord; do all the right actions such as reciting Scripture and going to church, yet are without hearts that are closely communing with Him. These people are ones who wither and die spiritually when life takes them for a whirl. They conform to men's standards of righteousness by works, rather than cultivating a heart that is passionately on fire their Saviour.

Work on strengthening the heart ties you have between yourself and God rather than falling into the trap that merely good habits will make you acceptable before Him. This is not to say that spending ample time in His Word and in prayer are not important, but when times come that you are without devotions to read or a Bible to study, your heart relationship with the Lord is the ground you will be standing on, so make sure it is firm.
~

Share this:

6 comments:

  1. Nice idea.
    Keep up the good work.

    Rosie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pleased you think so, Rosie! Thankyou for reading. :)

      Delete
  2. Wonderful idea, Aussie!!! It is so refreshing and encouraging to hear other believer's thoughts on Scripture. Especially on familiar passages. A new way of looking at something can be revolutionary.

    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comment made my day, Lisa!! Thankyou for being so encouraging! :D I hope you get something out of these whenever I post them. :D

      Delete

Please feel free to share your thoughts. I would love to hear your perspective. Let's learn from each other.